Thursday, August 6, 2009

Myrtle Beach 2009 Day ONE!


After this vacation our family has made a unanimous decision that John will no longer be in charge of picking out the accomodations. I should have known when we pulled up to the hotel and he said, "Well it was nice when I came here as a kid," that it was NOT going to be a good time. Once he checked us in and we finally found a place to park ( which was NO easy feat) we went up to our room. The elevator had a noticeable stinch that seemed to change each day that we were there. Never was it a good smell....just a different weird smell. The room wasn't terrible however it was below my standards, I couldn't really see any visible signs of dirt of stains but I'm pretty sure it was just a blacklight away.

We looked around and just thought to ourselves, "it will be okay" we changed clothes and hit the beach. Of course the beach was fabulous....you've gotta work pretty hard to screw that up! The sand was good, the sun was hot, and the waves were fun. However, the time rolled around when a young voice called out, "can we go to the lazy river"? So, against my better judgement Ashly and I took the three little darlings to the lazy river. (( Did I mention that my sister in law, Ashly, is 8 months pregnant? She was a trooper the whole trip and never complained....ok so she might have had some complaints....but she didn't voice them. ))

Now when I envision a lazy river, I see myself leisurely floating in a tube, not a care in the world. My children floating independently in their own tubes laughing with glee and enjoying the independence of just hanging out in a fake river. THIS IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!
There were masses, and I mean masses of people. Apparently all of the people had kids who they just let run amuck around the place and about 100 of them were in the lazy river. They weren't floating in the river they were acting like maniacs. Within about 20 seconds in the "lazy river" Ashly and I decided that it wasn't for us. This experience cemented my idea that I wasn't staying in this establishment.

After showering in the shower that made me feel like I needed another shower, we went out for dinner. We headed to Broadway at the Beach and ate at a place called Tripps. This was our first visit there and the food was good, however the waiter was clearly distracted by something else. He had no interest in things like bringing out the food or refilling our tiny little cups. All in all, we seemed to have alot of complaints about our first day. Don't get me wrong I was grateful to be there and I love spending time with family but it's nice to be pampered.

I really am happy that my children are lucky enough to be able to travel and have fun in new places. Ok Myrtle Beach isn't a new place for them to visit but the Boardwalk Hotel was a lesson in where you DON"T want to visit, lol! This is their fourth year visiting Myrtle and it's amazing the the things that they remember. Tomorrow I will try to update the rest of the vacation days. It was a little hard to update the blog in our fancy hotel, they probably thought WIFI was some sort of question.

No comments:

Post a Comment