Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 3 Myrtle Beach 2009


The third day at the beach will go day in history as the day Buddy chased chickens at Dixie Stampede...........or moseyed behind them I should say with his hands in his pockets.

However before I get to that I must repeat the usual...out to the beach for sun and sand. The girls continued to enjoy boogie boarding and they are absolutely fearless of the ocean which is a little frightening to watch.

Ashly and I threw on our fancy dresses for some chicken chasing, pig racing, and an overall good time. The girls had their picture taken with the Dixie Stampede greeter which impressed them. Then we headed into the arena for some really good seats. We were cheering for the North...as Virginians I feel like we can swing both ways, lol. As soon as we were seated our server asked if Buddy would like to chase the chickens during the chicken race.......I immediately said YES! Then I went to work talking Buddy into it. He first said he didn't want to chase KITTENS.......I reiterated that they were CHICKENS. Then he was concerned about the dirt factor. I assured him that no matter what happened it would was out.

Then the show began and they started out by bringing us their yummy soup in the mug. For those of you who have never been Dixie Stampede = not having silverware. The soup is amazing.....so much so that we bought two bags of the mix to bring home. Then they give you a delicious cheddar biscuit, I can replicate these at home exactly. Next up was a chicken...not to chase but to eat. It's fun to sit there and pull apart a chicken with your bare hands, it's kind of dark in the arena so you don't worry about looking like a neanderthal. Then they give you a half of a seasoned baked potato. Once the main meal was over they brought on dessert, an apple pastry with icing. Then they bring out a scalding hot towel that can give you third degree burns if you don't let it cool off a bit before using it to wipe off your paws and face.

Ok, once the chowing was over Buddy and John went down for the chasing of the chickens. He walked out with the other children and the emcee asked his name....I waited with bated breath cause most times he says, " I don't care what you call me".......however he said Buddy, to my joy! So the kids were supposed to chase the chicken down to the other end of the arena.....apparently Buddy didn't get the memo on the chasing. He just leisurely wandered beside or behind the chicken, like he was out for a stroll. We were all screaming like maniacs, "GO BUDDY!!!!!!" In the end the North lost, but he got a medal which is what every kid wants anyway.

After Dixie, the men wanted to practice hitting some balls at the driving range. We enjoyed watching from the sidelines. Next we hit Captain Hooks Putt-Putt course, it's one of our usual spots. I hit four hole in ones however I still lost, I believe the score keeper (JOHN) may have played a part in my demise.

Then we hit the Krispy Kreme cause putt-putt makes you hungry!
Stay tuned folks, for the rest of the story!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment